AS OF MARCH 12TH, DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ALL SESSIONS WILL BE HELD VIA REMOTE THERAPY (either phone or video) INDEFINITELY.
While many clients enjoy coming to the office for session, sometimes circumstances do not make it possible. Tele-therapy (aka video sessions) are becoming more and more popular due to time constraints, social anxiety, work travel, childcare issues, and convenience! Technology has enabled clients to be able to have regular, standing appointments, despite where they live and time differences.
I am excited to offer tele-therapy sessions through a professional, HIPAA compliant platform. If you are interested in working together and using the video platform, please mention it in your email inquiry. Even if space is limited, there are usually opportunities to connect via the video platform. It is also not as challenging as it may sound, so if you are apprehensive around setting up an account, I can send you an invite with a link that will make it much easier. We can try it out for your initial session and see if it is a good fit for you.
You are required to create an account to use this service.
Don't have an account? Click Here
Already have an account? Login Here
The email you enter when creating an account will be used as your login ID once the account creation process is completed. Once you have entered your email I will be notified of your request to join my network. As soon as I accept the request you will be sent an email which will allow you to choose your password and setup your account. The account setup must be completed before you can attend a video session.
Steps for checking into your Online Video Session:
- Login to your account using the link above.
- Navigate to the calendar and click on your appointment to locate the 'Check In' button.
- Click 'Check In' to enter the virtual room where we will meet for the session.
- Locate the chat feature in the bottom right corner to communicate with me before beginning the session.
- When we are ready to begin press 'Start Session' to activate your microphone and camera.
- Your computer may show a message asking to allow the program to access your microphone and camera.
Are You Ready For Online Therapy?
- Do you have an iPhone or iPad?
Connecting your iDevice is possible by following these steps.
- Do you have a laptop, desktop PC or Mac which is 3 years old or newer?
Older devices may struggle to run the program properly.
- Is your space equipped with a modern internet connection that is reliable?
Connecting directly to your router using an ethernet cable for wired internet is recommended though wireless networks can work fine as well.
- Have you downloaded Chrome or Firefox to your computer to use as your internet browser?
Standard browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Safari on a Mac may encounter compatibility issues with the video software as those browsers are not as up to date with modern code.
- Do you have access to a working webcam?
Most modern laptops have built in webcams which will work great for online therapy! If you have a desktop PC or Mac you may need to purchase and set up an external webcam.
- Are you comfortable navigating computer software?
The online portal is easy to navigate and does not require any training to use. However, those who find computers to be confusing or frustrating in general may not be a good fit for online therapy.
If you are running into technical difficulties please review this FAQ before reaching out to your provider.